Monday, September 20, 2010

I Timothy 4:12



Okay Gang ~  Mr.G here jumping in with some thought provoking  posts!     Soooooo....I'm looking for some good feedback here!




                                             Hey~ no groaning over there....I heard that!

AS we talked about I Timothy 4:12 last Wednesday night, how can YOU as a youth be an example among the believers in .....
your speech...
your behavior...
your love (self-sacrifice)...
your spirit (of meekness/self-control)...
your faith...
your moral purity...

NO SIMPLE GENERIC ANSWERS HERE!!!    




Think about your own life, or the life of another person you have observed and give an example of each area.


I'll go first....
speech ..... no profanity.

behavior ... being courteous when someone else is talking, not to interrupt.

love ... doing more than what I "should" do to help someone, but going the "extra mile".

spirit ... holding my tongue when tempted to "lash out" at someone.

faith ... instead of wishing about what God can do, be diligent where I'm at ~ trusting that what He has me doing now is all a part of His plan.

moral purity ... pay attention to my thoughts, and take them captive (II Cor.10:4-5) staying away from any thought that would violate myself or someone else.

Well, there ya go.     Let's hear your answers!!!!




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think that in speech we need to be kind and not tear someone else down, in behavior we need to be honering to God and be modest so that we don't put a stumbling block in other people's way, in love mabe if somebody doesn't like doing something than you could do it. In spirit we should be forgiving because nobody is purfect, in faith we should be patient, step back and give God the control of our life and see what he does. In purity we need to be pure in everything, thought, action, word and deed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your speech.-- I would have to say the same as Mr. G on this one. Not only swearing, but not using unnesasary words in place of a swear word.

    Your behavior.-- Act as though everyone is watching my every move. Thinking of it that way will be less valnorable in doing something I'd regret.

    Your love (self-sacrifice).-- If someone else needs something of me or me time, make time for them-- Even if I'm doing ten million things. Chances are, they need my time more then I do.

    Your spirit (of meekness/self-control).-- When someone is intensionally being rude, respond with love.

    Your faith.-- Rather thinking about tomorrow and what I'm going to do, think about today and trust GOD has the plan for tomorrow.

    your moral purity.-- Think carefully about what I'm thinking. If it is not wholesome and God-honoring, get it out of there. Do/think about something that is instead.

    ReplyDelete