Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year begins ...




A word many times closely associated with the New Year is "resolution"  ... one definition I found online said a firm decision to do or not to do something.

Some people will say they don't make resolutions because they just get broken within the first week (or first day) of the New Year anyway ~ true.  But the reality is we make resolutions every day ... moment by moment we are making decisions what to do or not to do!  









James Chapter 4 has much to say about the decisions we make day to day.  The chapter ends with a good reminder that the length of our days is in God's hands alone.


  






It's easy to sit on the threshold of 2012 and think we can live this year to please ourselves and start living for the Lord in 2013.  




Remember this??





One hard thing to consider doing for 2012 is making some resolutions {a.k.a. decisions} that put God first.



A good place to start ....







How do we do that??  Loving God starts with deepening our relationship with Him.


 ~ a great way to do that is to dig into His Word ~













Read The Bible In One Year  is a website you might find helpful to get started.  It's never too late to jump in and get reading!  








Let a comment or email us if you're going to be reading too ~ we'd love to be able to pray for you and encourage you!

3 comments:

  1. You can pray for me! I am going to do my best to read the whole Bible this year! I will also pray for everyone I know that is doing the same =)

    Happy New Years Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here!

    I'll let you know when I start reading the Chronicles...(Whew, will I need prayer then!)

    I'm interested in hearing how everyone plans on reading the Bible. Book by book, chronological order or something different?

    Hope you all had a great New Years and make the most of this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typically read book by book. I read 19 books last year, and am going to try my best to finish 'em off this year!

    I do enjoy chronological reading also. I had the Daily Bible and liked using it.

    ReplyDelete